Tuesday 14 October 2014

bene-what!?


Hello, lovelies!



So, for those who don't know… I'm a M.A.C addict when it comes to make-up! I swear, my make-up bag is 95% M.A.C, it became a serious addiction. That was, of course, until I had to get a last-minute appointment for professional make-up for my Graduation on Thursday past, and my first thought was Benefit

I live in a city, that hasn't got much of a choice for fashion shops, never mind beauty and cosmetics but I briefly remembered that a Benefit counter was put into our Debenhams. So, as you do I called, fingers and toes crossed that they had a slot to fit me into get my full face done in time before my ceremony, which they did. I made my way along at my appointment slot, and was greeted by the girl who was doing my make-up. The way Benfit's system works, is that they will do your make-up professionally for the price of two products of your choice. What girl is going to turn that opportunity down?!

I personally, had never tried Benefit's brand but I did hear a lot of positive things and I was keen to give it a try. It was a bit of a risk factor since I wasn't even sure if I liked the products, but I went for it anyway.

Benefit Cosmetics 

Firstly, she removed my make-up. The girl was very chatty, and relaxed me. I tend to get quite uptight when strangers are all up in my personal space, so it was nice to be relaxed and spoke to throughout the time she was doing my make-up. She also told me each product she was using on me, what it contained and why she was using it. If it had a certain product in it that would help my oily nose, brighten my eyes, and she showed me each time in comparison to the other side of my face, which I also liked as I could honestly see the difference, or improvement shall I say. The service I received was fantastic and I was more than pleased on how my make-up turned out. The entire kit I had done to me cost over £300! Yes, pricey! But this was for everything. I definitely wasn't prepared to spend over £300 on make-up, as much as I loved my current look, and as much as I truly did want all the products, I think my boyfriend would definitely have something to say if I had gone home with a large bag and a frightened bank balance. So I settled for my favourite products from the lot:

High Beam Highlighter, Hello Flawless Oxygen Foundation, Boi-ing Concealer & two free samples of Stay Flawless Primer.

I loved experiencing the different Benefit products, and I am definitely going to be purchasing more. Does anyone else do this? This is my own personal 'Benefit Wish List' saved onto my phone. I will be ticking a few items off this list as soon as payday comes around!



I definitely think the 'Hoola' Bronzer and the 'POREfessional' is next for me! 

So over all, definitely go visit Benefit. I wish I had tried their products sooner.I definitely have a new addiction! 




Thanks for reading!

Tx


1 comment: